Splitting maul - combination tool for splitting 1-metre logs
Bearing the “Made in Germany” quality seal, the SIMPLEX soft-face mallet is still considered the gold standard by which other soft-face mallets are measured when it comes to quality, versatility, and reliability across a wide range of applications in trade and industry. The "SIMPLEX splitting maul" demonstrates that even after more than 80 years, Erwin Halder KG still has plenty of ideas!
Quick – easy – safe: The new "SIMPLEX splitting maul"
Based on tried and tested SIMPLEX technology, in its SIMPLEX splitting maul, Halder has developed a clever combination tool for safe and rapid splitting of 1-metre logs.
The advantages of the SIMPLEX splitting maul are evident:
- Two tools in one
- Cost savings compared with separate purchase of splitting maul and soft-face mallet
- Forged and carefully hardened reversible steel insert with turned nose, made from premium carbon steel.
- Premium hickory handle
- Includes robust leather blade guard
- Patented attachment of steel insert in hammer housing
- Improved on-the-job safety: strikes on steel/aluminium wedges will not damage/splitter the wedges, thanks to the superplastic insert.
- Replacing worn inserts or damaged wooden handles is quick and easy, and can be performed by the user.
- The housing with solid handle protection sleeve keeps the handle from breaking if the strike is missed.
- KWF-certified (KWF test)
- GS-certified by the VPA Remscheid institute.
- Made in Germany
Areas of application:
- Manual wood harvesting with motor
- Safe and material-friendly way to drive in wedges
- For wedge splitting during felling
- Splitting one-metre logs
- Driving-in wooden stakes
- “Making firewood” for professionals and private users.
The SIMPLEX splitting maul was honoured with the “Forestry Equipment Award”.